It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Pending build requests stuck in the build engine

Alasdair Nottingham (611610) | asked Mar 27 '09, 12:49 p.m.
Hi,

I have a build definition that currently has 153 pending build requests (152 of them are scheduled build requests). They are not being processed and I cannot work out why, not only that but when I try to delete them I am told only the requesting user can delete the requests.

I am an admin on my server, but I cannot delete them, I cannot see any reason why they are not progressing, and I cannot delete the build definition until the pending requests are processed.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Alasdair

3 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Mar 31 '09, 7:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Alasdair,

If you are a member of Jazz Admins, you may be able to temporarily change your process so that anyone can delete the build requests. To do so, open the project or team area for the build. Click on the Process Configuration tab. Navigate to Team Configuration > Operation Behavior in the tree. Select the Build > Cancel Pending Build Request in the table. Uncheck the "Preconditions and follow-up actions are configured for this operation" checkbox. Save the process. You should now be able to delete the pending requests.

Martha
Jazz Developer
Hi,

I have a build definition that currently has 153 pending build requests (152 of them are scheduled build requests). They are not being processed and I cannot work out why, not only that but when I try to delete them I am told only the requesting user can delete the requests.

I am an admin on my server, but I cannot delete them, I cannot see any reason why they are not progressing, and I cannot delete the build definition until the pending requests are processed.

Thanks
Alasdair

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered Apr 01 '09, 4:40 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks
Alasdair

Maybe you could look to the logs in the build engine? and/or in the rtc server? There could be the answer why your builds are nor progressing.

kind regards,
Jakub

permanent link
Alasdair Nottingham (611610) | answered Apr 01 '09, 6:21 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I have now managed to clear the problem up, and found out why the problem was there in the first place.

It appears that the jbe build engine's id did not have enough authority to do the build and kept getting rejected when it tried to update the build definition.

Thanks for all the help and advice.
Alasdair

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 06 '14, 10:45 a.m.

looks like we have run into the same problem.. where did you find the info from the build engine that it was getting access denied?  

I just want to add this to our runbook 

Alasdair Nottingham commented Mar 06 '14, 10:49 a.m.

I believe (although this is going back several years) that it was in the JBE log. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.