It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to avoid link creation when typing item in work item comment?

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked Mar 20 '14, 8:30 a.m.
edited Mar 20 '14, 8:45 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)

I'm trying to determine where the @ keyword function is defined and how to change its behavior.

We have multiple project areas for different systems we support. Users have noted an issue when they are entering a comment and are refering to an item number (eg. item 6 of analysis report xxxx) .  RTC converts this to a link to work item 6 which is not the intent not to mention that work item 6 may be a a work item in some other project area. 

It is my understanding that the keyword "item" for example is defined in the record type "alias" field. Changing/deleting this alias does not appear to change this behavior.

How/where can we change this behavior?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 20 '14, 8:51 a.m.

far as I know, these are hard coded, and not documented externally.  and it doesn't matter what u put into the 'number' side of this it will create a link

comment 667890 
will create a link to nowhere. 

I have not found a mechanism to prevent the link being created. 
we created a utility to fixup workitem comment and description fields after moving projects between servers (where all the numbers change), and we spent a good while building a reliable regular expression to match all the cases we could find. 

2 answers

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Mar 20 '14, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I am not mistaken, the work item alias is not project-specific, but repository wide.

FYI, there is this technote which provides a bit more details about words or aliases that are converted into a link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21626075

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 20 '14, 8:44 a.m.
Hi Norman,
Yes, you can change the alias:
1. Navigate to https://your-server:9443/ccm/admin
2. Select project areas and open project area for which you want to remove alias
3. Navigate to Work Items section
4. In Types and Attributes choose at the top work item to edit and change alias keywords to match these which you want to use.

Let us know if that helps.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Mar 20 '14, 9:33 a.m.

Thats what I though but that does not work (in 405 at least) as we changed deleted the aliases.   Perhaps its cached and needs a server restart  but I have not tried this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.