It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Save Process Customization Operation?

Dave Evans (14812846) | asked Mar 10 '14, 12:07 p.m.
edited May 09 '14, 2:18 a.m. by Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4)

Greetings,

I am attempting to implement an extension which is effectively a "Partial Final" box. I had thought that there would be an operation I could extend in the form of an Operation Advisor. In looking through the operations, I see one called "Save Team Area (server)", but that does not seem to fire when I modify the process customization. My end goal is to enforce that only process configuration data deltas are allowed for work item attributes and enumerations while preventing the removal any of the attributes or enumeration literals. Anyone have an idea of where I should be headed to implement this idea? It would be awesome if there was a permission that already covered this ideal.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 10 '14, 4:26 p.m.

I do not think this extension point is available. 

Dave Evans commented Mar 10 '14, 5:13 p.m.

Right... so the only extension point I know anything about extending (so far) is com.ibm.team.process.service.operationAdvisor

...I have successfully made operation advisors for the com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave operation...

I also see an operation called "Save Team Area (server)" which has an id of com.ibm.team.process.server.saveTeamArea, but this operation does not seem to work. When I configure an operation advisor to return an error on "Save Team Area (server)", nothing happens.

More importantly, I think I agree with you that this operation wouldn't include what I am looking for anyway. Right now we want to uncheck some of our "Final" boxes in the parent PA to allow for some configuration data delta modifications, but we want to be able to make the final box effectively checked besides additions via deltas. It seems like there has got to be some way to modify the process customization validation which occurs or something like that...

sam detweiler commented Mar 10 '14, 5:20 p.m. | edited Mar 10 '14, 5:23 p.m.

I want the result of your plugin. 

I proposed a new extended permissions model that applied to data as well.. 

Dave Evans commented Mar 10 '14, 5:33 p.m.

Well there won't be any plugin if there isn't an extension point I can extend. Or if I can't get my terminology right. We have "Save Work Item (server)", I just need one for "Save Project Area (server)", haha. I wasn't submitting an RFE yet but maybe if we all make a loud enough noise your RFE will be implemented. My RFE would be much simpler though. Add a check box which appears under "Final" for all customizations supported in a data delta which says "Allow additions via Process Configuration Data Deltas". I don't require as much fine-tuning as your RFE is requesting.

Dave Evans commented Mar 10 '14, 5:35 p.m.

Oh, and we want to remove the ability for turning off process inheritance without Jazz Admin. People have actually done that one before. Nightmare!

sam detweiler commented Mar 10 '14, 7:30 p.m.

I agree with that last one!!

to me extension point is Save Workitem (server)...
and the tool is the Operationparticipant..

notice I deleted that text.. 

sam detweiler commented Mar 10 '14, 7:34 p.m.

you can see all the operations  supported by going into the process config source,
find one of the operation elements

make another <operation=" and then press ctrl-spacebar to see the list of known operations available.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '14, 3:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is the list of extension points available today: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 09 '14, 3:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is the current list of extension points and operation ID's: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations and I don't see an extension point that would match what you are looking for.

A good indicator is the process configuration in Eclipse, that shows all extension points as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.