It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

report to show the historical field level changes

Namit Pande (6311319) | asked Mar 04 '14, 12:00 p.m.
I would like to have a report that shows the Issue (custom) Work Item details whenever an Issue subStatus was changed from Ready for Review to To be Fixed. Basically, I need to show the time stamp when the subStatus was changed. I have looked into the WORKITEM_CHNGS table but could not find my column (substatus) there. Also, I am unable to see the history information as well. Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Mar 04 '14, 3:49 p.m.
I think you'll need to write your report off of the data warehouse.  A similar question was asked about how to determine the timestamp of when a particular custom attribute was changed here:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/140492/capture-the-timestamp-for-the-history-of-customized-attributes-in-rrdi

Comments
Namit Pande commented Mar 04 '14, 4:50 p.m.

Thanks Brian. So, I will need to have RRDI setup to access RequestArea and other sources. Does the RequestArea tables show the custom workitem contents as well? Issue work item is the custom WI that I have created.

Brian Fleming commented Mar 04 '14, 4:54 p.m.

Yes, there are tables that store custom attributes.  Which table depends on the type of your attribute.  For example, there is a REQUEST_STRING_EXT table (and corresponding REQUEST_HISTORY_STRING_EXT table) to store custom small string attributes.  All tables that store custom attributes follow the same pattern "REQUEST_type_EXT"

Namit Pande commented Mar 04 '14, 5:15 p.m.

I have an attribute called issue status of type Issue (Enumeration) in my custom Issue WI. I am not able to see it anywhere in the Request History or anywhere in the  Request_type_Ext tables. Any idea. Thanks.

Brian Fleming commented Mar 05 '14, 5:14 p.m.

Enumerations are a bit of a special case.  The REQUEST_ENUMERATION table contains the mapping between enumeration literal id and enumeration literal value.  The enumeration literal value is what you see in the RTC UI, while the enumeration literal id is what would be stored in the Request_type_ext table (likely REQUEST_STRING_EXT in your case).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.