It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to create project, Initialization failed, RTC 4.0.4 [SOLVED]

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Mar 04 '14, 11:50 a.m.
edited Mar 05 '14, 9:17 a.m.
 On a brand new CCM server, which worked great last week, I need to create another project.

there are only two templates.. our master and the unconfigured templates.

when using ours, (which I used last week to create our sharing master project), it fails

'Initialize Project Area' failed.
com.ibm.team.process.common.advice.TeamOperationCanceledException
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: CRJAZ6011E The operation participant cannot be created because an exception occurred. For more information, see the exception.

our custom participant was not installed, last week either, but now that it is (server restarted cold), it doesn't help..

can't create new and can't initialize the projects that were left in limbo..

anyone have any ideas hot to debug? 
getting the server ccm.log now. 

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 04 '14, 11:53 a.m.

Hi Sam,
ccm.log is a good start. Let us know if you find something there

sam detweiler commented Mar 04 '14, 11:56 a.m. | edited Mar 04 '14, 11:59 a.m.

see the answer post, comment too smal

sam detweiler commented Mar 04 '14, 11:58 a.m. | edited Mar 05 '14, 6:19 a.m.

I did

4 11:34:13,378 [WebContainer : 3 @@ 11:33 sam.detweiler@sd.com /ccm/service/com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.web.IProcessWebUIService/initializeProjectArea]
 ERROR com.ibm.team.process.common  - CRJAZ6011E The operation participant cannot be created because an exception occurred. For more information, see the exception.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.process.ReportsProjectParticipant" 
service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.reports.common.service.IReportService", failed to be activated.

and further on 

CRJAZ1126I The service "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService" has some invalid configuration properties.
CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "null" is not valid for the property "db.base.folder". The DB base folder must be set.

we did not setup the data warehouse on this server (on purpose, as it is a production level test and user verification system)

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 04 '14, 12:03 p.m.

Hi Sam,
I am assuming that you have set database folder for DW setup and it works fine. Is that correct?

sam detweiler commented Mar 04 '14, 12:36 p.m.

no.. no DW on this server 

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 05 '14, 3:42 a.m.

Hi Sam,
I cannot figure out that. Is the issue fixed or not?

sam detweiler commented Mar 05 '14, 6:13 a.m.

not fixed.. I try hard to mark my questions solved if I can't change the title.

guess we will have to create the DW

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Mar 05 '14, 6:21 a.m.
Hi Sam,
Did you try commenting dw entries in teamserver.properties according to http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21616034?
sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 05 '14, 9:17 a.m.

completing the DW configuration was selected as the approach we would use.. I confirm it works 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.