It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any doc/links which talks about which attribute KIND supports which attribute type?

Vidhya Prakash (853133) | asked Mar 03 '14, 2:55 a.m.
We recently upgraded our Jazz servers from v4.0.2 to v4.0.5.. I'm looking for some info regarding RTC WI related.Is there any document /links which talks about : Which attribute KIND suuports which attribute type? For example Description attribute type supports html,meduimHtml..Is there any place which has this documented? If you could point me to any Jazz Wiki link it would be of great help

Thanks,
Vidhya

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 03 '14, 3:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
here is some related but may not be complete listing that you are looking for:
      https://jazz.net/library/article/130/#presentations

also, here is a link from latest (406) release notes about the supported presentation kinds for different string attributes, which should be applicable for 405 as well:
     https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.6?p=news#workItemPresentations
Vidhya Prakash selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vidhya Prakash commented Mar 04 '14, 6:02 a.m.

Thanks Dinesh.. Your second link pointed me to the information that I was looking for..

Right now I have the presentation type as "Description"(which is deprecated for attribute type LargeString)  and I am going to change it "Text"(which is supported presentation type for attribute largeString).

I just want to know, if changing this can have any negative impacts down the line

Eric Jodet commented Mar 06 '14, 4:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,

as per - changing this can have any negative impacts down the line?
Not to my knowledge.
I guess it's better to use new presentations than deprecated ones.

Eric

Vidhya Prakash commented Mar 07 '14, 5:37 a.m.

Hi Eric,

If we ask the project teams to make this modification in their existing workitems (100's of them ) will there be any impacts once its changed? Should this be synchronized to all the existing workitems? What should be the exact steps taken by the project team to reconfigure?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.