It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web UI error with RTC for Visual Studio IDE 1.0.1.1

carlos roberto (21443030) | asked Mar 20 '09, 5:26 p.m.
I am using VS 2008 and now installed RTC for Visual Studio IDE 1.0.1.1. When I try to open the Web UI to manage my Work Items I get an "Page can not be displayed".
I was using the RTC version older than 1.0.1.1 that I uninstalled to install the new one. The other version was working fine but now I can not get the Web interface. The Quick Editor is working for WI.
Any idea?

4 answers

permanent link
Sandeep Kohli (1413) | answered Mar 22 '09, 3:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you able the same url in a stand alone browser?

permanent link
carlos roberto (21443030) | answered Mar 25 '09, 4:07 p.m.
Are you able the same url in a stand alone browser?

In stand alone mode it works fine for Firefox.
With IE in stand alone mode I tried many time but ever got a "page can not be displayed"
But with IE in stand alone mode after tries I could get a dialog box with "Bad Request" message and after click OK, I got the initial project window. Now it looks that IE is working.
Inside Visual Studio, when I right click
Team Concert > Windows > WebWI I just get a blak page.
Then I select an WI and select Open, and the UI open and I insert my name/pass. Then I receive a "redirect page" and after some seconds I get a "Page can not be displayed"
Another point is that I think the older version was faster than this one.
Thanks.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 25 '09, 6:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using VS 2008 and now installed RTC for Visual Studio IDE 1.0.1.1. When I try to open the Web UI to manage my Work Items I get an "Page can not be displayed".
I was using the RTC version older than 1.0.1.1 that I uninstalled to install the new one. The other version was working fine but now I can not get the Web interface. The Quick Editor is working for WI.
Any idea?

Hi - some ideas for you to try:

1) You could try uninstalling the client again, start VS to confirm it has been removed (should be no RTC mention on the startup screen), reboot and then install the RTC client again.

2) Check your IE version - it should be IE7. There have been problem in the past with older IE versions. The performance of older IE versions is also rather poor.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Swathi Rao (5112) | answered Mar 26 '09, 9:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the URL cannot be opened in Internet Explorer, then it will not open in the Web UI tool window as well since the underlying web browser control uses the same mechanism.

The preference to configure your own web browser is not yet there in the latest version. Till then, you can copy the Web URL using the 'Copy Web URL' context menu and open it separately in the Firefox web browser.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.