It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible change the database passwords for these systems without creating Application downtime (CLM)?

Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | asked Feb 19 '14, 12:34 p.m.
edited Feb 20 '14, 1:39 p.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
 Hi,

Is it possible change the database passwords for these systems without creating Application downtime (CLM)?

what is the impact on the current database transactions ?

Other ETL jobs transactions  ( it uses the functional user id ) ?

Impact on the active services ?

Are there any scripts or API-calls which support this action to perform this task on many RTC systems failsafe and efficient?

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Feb 19 '14, 12:37 p.m. | edited Feb 20 '14, 10:00 a.m.

I see the answers below but not sure,  what difference does it make with two different db2 user accounts.

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Feb 20 '14, 2:41 a.m.

Please let me know if you have any comments on my requirement

One answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Apr 03 '14, 12:35 p.m.
RTC is DB dependant, and any action that causes communication to fail between RTC and the DB can trigger an interuption to service.   To minimize the service interuption I would suggest the following:
1.  Wait until the load in the server is light
2.  Change the password for each application by going to the webUI -> application -> server -> advanced properties page
3. Locate the DB Id and update the password and save

NOTE:
1. I am not certain, but do not think a server restart would be needed for this approach

Scripting the DB passworrd change
1. I do not think there is an API to update the password.
2. A script can be created to update the DB password directly in the teamserver.properties files, but the issue with this approach is a) may require a server restart  and b) The password will not be encrypted

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.