It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Excel importer to Attach image file for a Test Case

Sreenisha S (13158) | asked Feb 14 '14, 8:16 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to import Test cases to RQM using Excel Importer Utility.   I am using the following code (not attaching the image):

testcase.attachment=M2
testscript.attachment=M

Do anybody have any insight on the same.
(Please help me to create the cfg file for that).

Thanks,
Sreenisha S

Comments
Erica Tran commented Feb 14 '14, 10:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sreenisha, 
The sample that Sunil mentioned does have similar info. I found this in the cfg file from my 4.0.5 system.  Can you explain what the problem is exactly?

Similar lines from sample "Test Cases made from scripts with attachments.cfg":

testcase.attachment=M5
testscript.attachment=M

Sreenisha S commented Feb 17 '14, 9:07 a.m.

Hi Erica,

Please find the screenshot attached.

While importing from the utility, it says exporting completed successfully. But the same is not getting display ed in RQM.

Testcase

cfg file

importer

4 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Feb 14 '14, 10:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Sreenisha, A sample xls and config file is available in RQM Excel Exporter install called "Test Cases made from scripts with attachments" I believe that serve as a good reference?

Let me know if you have any further questions

Best Regards, Sunil

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Feb 17 '14, 11:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sreenisha,
In the Excel screenshot provided shows the attachments in the test script steps.  Please check the test script, instead of the test case to verify to verify the the attachments are visible. 

Comments
Erica Tran commented Feb 18 '14, 11:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I stripped down and simplified the ootb example.  It only imports one test case with attachments. 

This is the entire configuration file. 

// test case defined with definite cell locations
testcase.dc:title=C1
testcase.dc:description=C2
testcase.attachment=F

The following is a screenshot of the Excel file.  I dragged all the images in the example file to the same cell.

Simplified Excel File

As you can see all four images show up in the attachment section of the test case. Test Case created from Import With Attachments

I hope this helps.

permanent link
Shivani Dwibedy (622) | answered Feb 18 '14, 4:26 a.m.

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue as Sreenisha.Attachments are visible in test scripts,but I need the attachment to be visible in attachment section of RQM.Can any one help on this ?

Thanks

Shivani

permanent link
Shivani Dwibedy (622) | answered Mar 03 '14, 6:44 a.m.

Hi everyone,

I am able to import image in test case.attachemnt section.But only single test case is imported.Below is my cfg file:

testscript.XLSStartRow=2
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n
testscript.dc:title=B
testscript.dc:description=C

testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.steps.attachment=P
testscript.steps.attachment=Q9
testscript.steps.description=E
testscript.steps.title=D
testscript.steps.name=D
testscript.steps.expectedResult=F

testcase.dc:title=B
testcase.dc:description=C
testcase.XLSLink=testscript

testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=K
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=I
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=J
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseExpectedResults", "EXPECTED RESULTS")=J2

testcase.category term="Phase".value=L
testcase.category term="Function".value=O
testcase.category term="Test Phase".value=M
testcase.category term="Resource".value=N

testcase.XLSStartRow=2
testcase.XLSDelimeter=\n

testcase.attachment=P
testscript.attachment=P

Please let me know how to import multiple test cases with images as attachment in test case

Comments
Erica Tran commented Mar 03 '14, 9:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Shivani,
I suggest that you start a new post since this one was for the attachment and you can successfully import the image.  It looks like you might be working with the sample that includes the attachment that had one test case per worksheet.  I recommend looking at the other examples that include more then one test case per sheet.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.