It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboards are not updated after restoring RTC db online backups

Sridhar Kuna (1602117) | asked Feb 13 '14, 5:54 a.m.
We have RTC (JTS and JAZZ) server setup in integration with RRDI. We have been taking nightly online backups for the below db's:
a) JTS (JTS db) b) JAZZ (for RTC) c) RICM (RRDI content store db) and d) RIDW (dataware house db)
Recently, we have tried restoring this online db's to one of the test server to do some tests with production data. But dashboards does not appear to be updated as like in production. The remaining data like WorkItems, SCM etc..looks good.

Here are the steps followed:
a) Restore online backup db's JTS, JAZZ, RICM and RIDW db's to test server
b) Rebuild the indices
./repotools-jazz.sh -rebuildTextIndices
./repotools-jts.sh -rebuildTextIndices
c) Run the reindexes
./repotools-jazz.sh -reindex all
./repotools-jts.sh -reindex all

Do we missed something here? any thoughts would really help us. Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Feb 13 '14, 9:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Dashboards are saved in the JTS DB, but are saved based on user name - in your test environment, are you using a different user authentication mechanism?

Comments
Sridhar Kuna commented Feb 13 '14, 10:01 a.m.

Yes Stephanie. Production is based on 'Basic' and Test is on 'Form' based authentication. Is this really matters on dashboard issue? If then, it will effect only personal dashboards in my opinion. But, I see the same problem with Project dashboards as well.

Stephanie Bagot commented Feb 13 '14, 10:25 a.m.

Here is the related defect for the personal dashboards:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=279722

I agree that this shouldn't affect project dashboards, but since your test is not an exact replication of your production, that may be why. Is the public URI/hostname different? If so, you will need to do a server rename.

Sridhar Kuna commented Feb 13 '14, 12:32 p.m.

Yes, Public URI is different for test server as per the teamserver properties was set.
After db restore, only thing i did was change of "friends" and "registered applications"  related to test server from production server on admin page.
Is this dashboards link to public URI? do we need to keep same public URI as production? What is the ideal way that we can replicate as same as production?

Stephanie Bagot commented Feb 13 '14, 12:44 p.m.

Yes, you can't just change the teamserver.properties file for a different public URI. We save most of the artifacts with the URI information. You will need to do a full server rename.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.