It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Shell Client unable to link ALM Defects

Achint Mathur (2046) | asked Feb 06 '14, 12:54 p.m.
edited Feb 06 '14, 2:34 p.m.
My Project uses both RTC Eclipse client and Shell client for Source control and ALM for defect lifecycle management. I am able to associate changesets to ALM defects using the RTC Eclipse client (4.0.5) using the following operation

Check in --> New Change set
Rt Click on Change set --> Related Artifacts -->Associate Change request
Opens a pop up for ALM -->Log in with credentials 
Search for the Defect and associate the same
Add appropriate comments and Deliver

But when I am trying the same with the Shell Client once I click on Associate Change request , it throws the following error :
"Invalid or empty Change request link"  

The same link works with Eclipse client and fails with the Shell client . Please let me know how can I get this resolved

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 06 '14, 8:00 p.m.
I did a quick test with 4.0.5 Eclipse and RTC Shell client, I have no problem in associating change request in shell client as well as Eclipse.

what is your ALM for defect lifecycle management and how the change set association is configured?
I followed this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/535 and it works for both Eclipse and Shell clients.

Comments
Achint Mathur commented Feb 06 '14, 9:20 p.m.

Hey Don ,

I am able to reach the screen which you have mentioned above , but when I click on either Select ,I get the following 
Eclipse-->
Opens a popup to sign in to ALM
Shows the results per Search criteria
Associates the change request
Shell-->
Gives a popup stating ""Invalid or empty Change request link" "
Please check the link and let me know if its a adapter config issue:

Don Yang commented Feb 06 '14, 10:57 p.m.

are you using 405 Shell client or the lower version? If I continue clicking on the previous screen, I notice if I click on cancel, then it will show "Invalid or empty Change request link" otherwise it would move forward.
You may want to increase the logging level(in manage preferences and other prefence and set the logging to Info or Verbose and reproduce the issue, then on right head menu, save the log files.  I hope someone is able to interpret the info in the log files and see what need to be done.

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Feb 07 '14, 1:48 a.m. | edited Feb 07 '14, 1:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@achmathur,
Could you raise a defect in jazz.net? Please set the logging level to Verbose before reproducing the issue.

Achint Mathur commented Feb 07 '14, 8:29 p.m.

Defect raised :

Please let me know if any more details are required 

-Thanks,
Achint

Achint Mathur commented Feb 11 '14, 12:57 p.m. | edited Feb 11 '14, 1:00 p.m.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan Vaikuntam ,

Shall I assign the defect to you , or could you please take a look at the defect . 

Thanks,
Achint

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.