It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I retrieve the streams that flow to a specific stream e.g. via a web call?

Martin McAuley (1721633) | asked Feb 05 '14, 11:28 a.m.
I wish to identify the streams that flow to a specific stream. Note this is the opposite way round to listing the flow targets from a stream. Can this be achieved via a web call? I am not asking about changeset flow but stream linkage.

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 05 '14, 11:34 a.m.
I don't think that info is exposed via the web ui. 

Comments
Martin McAuley commented Feb 05 '14, 11:40 a.m.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Just to be clear I'm not asking about the Web UI but if I can programmatically retrieve that information via some sort of web service call.

sam detweiler commented Feb 05 '14, 11:58 a.m. | edited Feb 05 '14, 12:10 p.m.

take the word web service out of the conversation.  Use the java api in a java pgm and you can do it. 

currently as far as I can tell, the linkage is one way.  workspaces point to streams, but streams don't point down to workspaces.. the client has to poll to detect changes, and pull to get them..

so you would have to open all the workspaces, get their flow tables, and flow nodes and workspace handles to see if the flow target matches the upstream stream.

I only know this cause I have been working on a utility to fixup this info after we copied the workspace to another system, and the streams are copied here too. 

you can see this (lack of) data by opening the two object editors in eclipse.  stream and workspace. at the bottom of the editor screen is the flow table,  which shows targets only. (today)

Martin McAuley commented Feb 06 '14, 6:22 a.m.

Thanks for the info. However I think this reverse-flow-target information must be directly available as the flow diagram tool in Eclipse allows you to start with a stream and then open the streams that flow to it. It is very fast so seems to be getting the information directly? Also I was interested in a web call as an alternative to using the java api - I presume the java api is ultimately making a web call?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.