It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Do I Establish A "CM Library" In Jazz CCM

Joe Lynch (1479) | asked Jan 29 '14, 12:32 p.m.
retagged Jan 31 '14, 4:46 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)

What methodology is best to use in Jazz CCM to differentiate between "development" and "CM" code versions?  We want to implement change control over code that is baselined and "delivered" to the CM Library.  Other than creating a separate repository (development vs CM) is there a way to distinguish (and protect) files that are in CM rather than "under development"?

This is my first time using the JAZZ RTC.  Any help would greatly appreciated!

(Using Jazz RTC 4.04 with RM, QM, and CCM)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928789) | answered Jan 29 '14, 12:37 p.m.
If you are using one project, you can use streams and permissions, associated with those streams, to restrict modify access to files.  For example, you can create a development stream and then a CM Library stream.  So once files are delivered to the CM Library stream, only certain users can have modify/write access to those files.
Joe Lynch selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Joe Lynch commented Jan 29 '14, 12:47 p.m.

Thanks Robert!  I suspected something like that just wasn't sure.  Appreciate the feedback! 

Joe Lynch commented Jan 29 '14, 6:35 p.m.

One more quick question?  (Yeah, right!)

Do i use the same component in both streams or create separate components for each stream?

Thanks again!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.