It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Engine unavailable when request build from RTC

Alvaro Riera (4011218) | asked Jan 23 '14, 7:57 a.m.
edited Jan 23 '14, 8:17 a.m.
 Morning,

I have JTS and RTC 4.0.5,  Build Toolkit, etc...
I have configured a build user and a build definition (Hudson/Jenkins) with a build engine (Hudson/Jenkins) that supports it.

I have comleted Jazz Source Control and Hudson/Jenkins tabs with no errors.

When i execute a build from Hudson or Jenkins (tested with both) everything is ok.
But when i request a build from RTC (web or eclipse) in the build details i can see that engine is unavailable so all my builds are always in Pending... state.

Even if i select the engine in the request:

Entering request details shows Build Engine Undefined :(

Any clue to solve it please?

I have another environment in 4.0.1 and everything works fine with hudson/jenkins builds.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 25 '14, 12:04 p.m.
in your build engine definition for Jenkins, on the URl for the the jenkins server, add a trailing / 
Alvaro Riera selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alvaro Riera commented Mar 26 '14, 3:00 a.m.

I forgot answer my own question... I solved the issue 2 months ago, as u say, adding a '/' to the URI.

Tya !!!

sam detweiler commented Mar 26 '14, 6:34 a.m.

I think your answer helped me last time.. 

I cannot tell you how many times I search for things to find out I asked (and sometimes answered) the question before

One other answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 25 '14, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The engine does not appear to be connecting to the Jenkins server.  So does the Jenkins engine connect in RTC?  Also check the ccm.log with the Hudson/Jenkins debug turned on to see if there is a problem using the engine.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.