It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC work item: see all related plan?

Frederic Kerloch (611) | asked Jan 20 '14, 11:25 a.m.
 Hello,

is there a simple way to get the list of all plans related to a given workitem? 

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 28 '14, 7:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Frederic,
I don't think there is a way to get a list of all plans a work item is in.  The issue is that multiple plans could cover the same iteration or sprint the work item is planned for and direct links are not created between work items and plans.

permanent link
Frederic Kerloch (611) | answered Jan 28 '14, 8:00 a.m.
 Hi Lauren,

maybe thanks for your feedback. I understand that there is no 1-1 relation from WI to plan, but as a WI can be planned for only one iteration, why wouldn't it be possible to get the list of all plans created on a given iteration? 

I handle a lot of projects at the same time, I sometime receive a link to an issue related to a particular WI, but as I can't go to the related plan(s) to get an broader picture, I have to search manually search for the plan based on the planned iteration...

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jan 28 '14, 8:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Frederic,
You make a good point.  I don't think it's currently possible.  You can open an enhancement request in the My Stuff section.  It would be nice if there was an option next to the Planned For field to jump to the plan(s) that apply.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.