It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAMSession object not fetching new assets!!!

Pramod Chavan (191620) | asked Jan 06 '14, 1:08 a.m.
edited Jan 06 '14, 1:09 a.m.
 Hello,

I am facing an issue with RAMSession object available in RAM Java API. I am using RAM 7.5.1.1.

The flow is:
1. I create an object of type RAMSession, using this object I search for assets. I see all correct assets & asset count.
2. In RAM I add few assets(using the web client). These assets are visible in the RAM search page.
3. Again when I try to search for assets in RAM using the above RAMSession object, only old assets are returned and the count of asset does not include newer assets. New assets are not included.
4. So you have to close the old session and create new session to get the latest assets.

What is the solution for this issue?

I am not sure if it is problem with RAMSession object specifically, Please confirm. 

Regards,
Pramod

Comments
Lin Lu commented Jan 06 '14, 9:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Pramod,
I could not reproduce you problem in a 7511. If a new submitted asset could show on search page, that would means it is indexed, hence it should be returned by any client, including API.

Would you like to paste more info about your issue, the code or any exception during the use case?

Pramod Chavan commented Jan 09 '14, 1:52 a.m.

You are right....May be I was checking before indexing. Is there a way we can make RAM to index faster, I mean make new submissions visible in RAM search faster?

Regards,
Pramod

Rich Kulp commented Jan 09 '14, 3:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, no matter what you choose there will be a delay.

The question is why are you searching for an asset that you just sent up. You already know everything about the asset and you shouldn't need to search for it. This is a common "problem" we've seen over and over. Someone does an update and then immediately does a search just to "make sure" the update worked. It is not necessary. If you returned from the update, then the update is complete. It will get into the search results within at most a couple of minutes. (Unless it is indexing a huge asset or many assets, that can take longer than a few minutes).

There is an expensive search option which says wait for indexer to finish before doing the search. But using this all of the time can cause excessive waits to occur on each search since it must wait for the indexer even if the search has nothing to do with the assets currently being indexed.

Pramod Chavan commented Jan 10 '14, 12:10 a.m.

Hi Rich,

Actually we have integrated RAM with Sharepoint portal, basically the view is Sharepoint. So any update done on RAM must be available on SP. It is a common behavior to check whether update/new submission is visible at the same moment. 
I hope you understand. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.