It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

NoAssociatedProcessAreaException when creating new work item

Kinny Kun (5183) | asked Mar 02 '09, 6:33 p.m.
Hi,

I'm getting NoAssociatedProcessAreaException with message "The 'Filed Against' category does not have a team area associated with it" when creating a new work item.

I checked my filed against category and it did associate with a team area.

Any idea what may cause this error?

Here is my code to create the work item:

IWorkItemType workItemType = workItemClient.findWorkItemType(projAreaHandle, typeIdentifier, monitor);
IWorkItemHandle handle = workItemClient.getWorkItemWorkingCopyManager().connectNew(workItemType, monitor);
WorkItemWorkingCopy wc = workItemClient.getWorkItemWorkingCopyManager().getWorkingCopy(handle);
IWorkItem workItem = wc.getWorkItem();
ICategory category = getCategory(...); // method that return ICategory.
if (category != null)
{
// I checked that the category is associated with a team area
workItem.setCategory(category);
}
workItem.setCreator(repo.loggedInContributor());
wc.save(null);

Failed with NoAssociatedProcessAreaException when saving the work item.

Caused by: com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.NoAssociatedProcessAreaException: The 'Filed Against' category does not have a team area associated with it
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rcp.dto.impl.SaveResultDTOCustomImpl.getException(SaveResultDTOCustomImpl.java:88)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rcp.dto.impl.SaveResultDTOCustomImpl.getStatus(SaveResultDTOCustomImpl.java:48)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rcp.dto.impl.MultiSaveResultDTOCustomImpl.getStatus(MultiSaveResultDTOCustomImpl.java:63)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.util.Utils.checkSaveResult(Utils.java:276)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.saveWorkItems(WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.java:1642)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.saveAffected(WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.java:1538)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.save(WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.java:1439)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.save(WorkItemWorkingCopyRegistry.java:1410)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.WorkItemWorkingCopyManager.save(WorkItemWorkingCopyManager.java:115)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.WorkItemWorkingCopyImpl.save(WorkItemWorkingCopyImpl.java:221)

Thanks alot for the help!!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.