It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard/ share query to manage state groups

alessandro lagostena (1145) | asked Dec 13 '13, 9:20 a.m.

Hello ALL

I have define a list of states (30 circa)  realted at work items that I define on groups 4 groups 

Open /Closed/Rejected/Inprogress

now users need to run query and obtain info about state group  (to have a high level Idea of the state of WI)

From my search seams that query not manage state group   as attribute for query or for output , is this true or I have a chance to manage this request ?

Thanks and regards

LAGO

2 answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Dec 14 '13, 1:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Lago,

you might want to reconsider defining 30 states for one workitem workflow. In my personal experience it is a viable practice in ALM to have as few states as possible (probably mapping to your state groups) and do the rest via
- linking out to sub tasks
- defining custom attributes (e.g. checkbox, droplist, basically "sub state")

That is likely one reason why of all state groups currently only "unresolved" and "resolved" are supported in work item queries when choosing state as query parameter.

You can either subscribe to Enhancement 188001 or rework your workflow to have fewer states and put the extra information in custom attributes / linked work items.

If this answers your question please mark the answer as accepted.

Best,
Arne

permanent link
alessandro lagostena (1145) | answered Dec 14 '13, 2:58 p.m.

Hello Arne

Thanks for your answer , we can reduce the  numbero of L.C States , but in ani case we need to group it on subgroup and allow users to query it

I Subscribe 188001 as you sudgest

Thanks again

Regards LAGO

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.