It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can the Pre-Conditions be defined for Test Scripts rather than for a Test Cases.

vishal james (112) | asked Nov 28 '13, 1:50 a.m.
edited Nov 28 '13, 1:52 a.m.
While running a Test Script, a pane for Pre-Conditions appear. but this Pre-Condition is that of the Test Case. In our testing process we have pre-conditions for each Test Scripts. I would like to know if there is any way that I can give the precondition for each Test scripts, and this needs to be shown while running the Script.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 28 '13, 6:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, preconditions are not support for test scripts.  I would suggest create a one-to-one mapping between your test scripts and test cases to use the test case precondition during execution.

Comments
vishal james commented Nov 28 '13, 7:00 a.m.

Thanks Paul for your answer, I am not sure if a one on one mapping can be done, as in  my Project one Test Case contains many test scripts and these Test scripts needs to have different precondition.I have added an attribute called pre-condition for the Test Scripts. I would also like to know if that predefined 'pre-condition' pane can be removed in the Test Script Run page, because it shows Pre-condition as empty even though I have introduced an attribute.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 28 '13, 8:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, you cannot remove the Pre-conditions section in the test execution editor.  Consider adding a sentence referring to your pre-conditions test script custom attribute.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.