It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to show progress bars for selected plans on a dashboard ?

Dieter Schmidt (4123) | asked Nov 27 '13, 6:26 a.m.
Hi, I'm wondering how to show the progress bars of selected plans on a dashboard. The existing plan view widget does not work for me because it does not allow to select only those plans I'm really interested in. The available selection criteria for the widget (e.g. Scope, Timeline, ..) are not sufficient for my scenario. I always get more plans than I need. 

The progress bars I'm interested in are available when I open an existing release plan (grouped by teams). All I'd like to do is to get the team progress bars displayed on a dashboard w/o having to open the release plan.

Thanks 
Dieter Schmidt

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 27 '13, 7:51 a.m.

problem is that the progress bars are only calculated during plan open.

2 answers

permanent link
Dieter Schmidt (4123) | answered Nov 27 '13, 8:47 a.m.
The plan view widget does show the calculated progress bars. So using it would be perfect. Unfortunaltely I cannot limit the plans shown in that widget to what I actually need (this is why its no option for me).

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 27 '13, 9:14 a.m.

I understand.. my comment was that there is no other way to get the progress bar than to use the plan widget.   the value is not calculated and stored for access at other times.

so you would have to use a widget for each plan you want to display. not ONE for all

Dieter Schmidt commented Nov 27 '13, 9:37 a.m.

Sam, this is what I actually tried in the first place. But I was not able (using the available selection criteria in the plan view widget) to display only the one plan I want. I always get more than one plan displayed in the widget (criteria do obviously match for multiple plans). Its not possible to select a plan by specifying the plan title.

permanent link
Dieter Schmidt (4123) | answered Nov 27 '13, 11:04 a.m.
I just realized that I was using the wrong widget name in above entries. The widget I'm using is call Plan (not Plan view).

Sorry for the confusion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.