It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I deploy BIRT reports to all CCM projects? (continued)

Timothy McKemy (1082317) | asked Nov 14 '13, 8:40 a.m.

I have created several custom BIRT reports and need to deploy them to all CCM projects on the server. Ideally, I would be able to push the reports to all projects, but would settle for just having them show up in the Add New Resource dialog.

First off, I have read the response to https://jazz.net/forum/questions/72045/how-to-deploy-custom-birt-reports-to-many-projectareas , which says basically 'find com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common and do something similar'.

I have had no luck in getting the new report resources added, and I really need some help.

Here is what I have tried.

1. Since all the projects I'm concerned about were created from a shared-process project, I first tried simply adding the report resource to the core project. I refreshed some of the projects created from this project, but no report resource. Is there a way to force child projects to update based on changes to the core project?

2. Following the suggestions in the above-mentioned link, I added my new .rptdesign file to com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common (using WinZip), added the new report to the project initialization report list in the core project's initialize project area, and then created new projects using the core project as the process. No luck - no report resource in the Add resource list.

3. Basically doing the same thing as step 2, I added the .rptdesign file to the jar file, copied it to the \server\conf\ccm\sites\update-site\plugins directory (both with the same version extension and a new, higher one), requested a server reset, and then stop/started the server. Again, no report resources appear in the 'Add new report resource' list.

What do I do to get my report resource to all the projects? (Assume I know nothing about creating plugins...)

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Nov 14 '13, 1:03 p.m.

In 4.0.3

I have noted that on the "Report Resources / Deploy New Resources" there is now a pull-down for the source of the new resource.  Default is "application" but also one can choose any visible project area.   So, one could seed a project area with your custom reports then they could be deployed to other projects.

Of course, this is manual process, rather than making the resources part of the project configuration underpinnings.
Just my $0.02 (for all its worth)

Timothy McKemy commented Nov 14 '13, 6:12 p.m.

Thanks, but I don't have said pull-down. I'm running v4.0, perhaps the pull down is in a later version?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.