It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Windows/Unix interop - CRLF - using the scm cmdline

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Feb 24 '09, 1:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

We have a Windows client saving text files into an RTC server, then use the cmdline (scm) to extract the files from the server on to a Unix/Linux box. The files retain the CR/LF settings for Windows. Is there any way to force them to be converted to Unix CR/LF settings when the files are pulled down to the Unix/Linux box? I believe the files are not going to be changed on the Unix/Linux side.

thanks

anthony

4 answers

permanent link
Hamid Bedjaoui (261) | answered Mar 15 '09, 1:00 p.m.
Hi Anthony

There is a section in the RTC online help talking about "Specifying file properties and line delimiter types" , I am wondering if you have seen it and if that helps.

Follow the link on a browser on a machine that has RTC installed: http://127.0.0.1:59550/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_file_properties.html

Cheers,

Hamid

permanent link
Alex Mulholland (712111) | answered Feb 24 '09, 2:31 p.m.
Hi Anthony,
I just had a similar problem where I was creating scripts in the client on windows, and then trying to execute those scripts in the build on a linux machine. I got around it by running this ant task:

<fixcrlf>

I also needed add execution permissions:

<chmod>

I couldn't find a way to do these operations in RTC but would be interested to hear if it is possible.

Regards, Alex.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 25 '09, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony,
I just had a similar problem where I was creating scripts in the client on windows, and then trying to execute those scripts in the build on a linux machine. I got around it by running this ant task:

<fixcrlf>

I also needed add execution permissions:

<chmod>

I couldn't find a way to do these operations in RTC but would be interested to hear if it is possible.

Regards, Alex.

Thanks Alex. If I find any other ways - I will let you know...

anthony

permanent link
Brian Gillan (3215330) | answered Mar 11 '09, 1:45 p.m.
I think you're looking for this:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m1/index.jsp.

I assume if the file is a text file and the delimiter property indicates
"platform", the line ends will be set correctly based on the paltform
when the files are loaded into the local workspace.

Brian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.