It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

From Process to Project

Toacy Oliveira (31142) | asked Feb 21 '09, 4:59 p.m.
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a tutorial for academic use that demonstrates how one can go from the Process to Project and I found the terms used around the Jazz initiative very confusing.
Typically a team moves from Process Engineering to Process Enactment (Project) where the former creates Work products,Tasks,Roles,Processes, Guidance (according to Method Authoring Method (MAM), EPF Composer) and the latter creates concepts such as Development Line, Iteration, Release, Plan, Stream, Team Area, WorkItem, etc.

It seems there isn't a smooth transition from Process Engineering (EPF or RMC ) to Process Enactment (RTC) as the terms do not match. Am I missing something?

regards

Toacy

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered May 16 '13, 2:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Process Engineering in RTC would be the admin background tasks such as creating work item types, roles, process configuration such as permissions and operation behaviour (ie. defining how a team should operate). Process Enactment would be actually using RTC to create the work items etc (ie. actual behaviour).

Here is an article which may help:
http://jazzpractices.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/whats-process-enactment/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.