It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reports : Filtering on CREATION_DATE in a Data Set?

Steven Hyde (10692) | asked Feb 06 '09, 5:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I want to use a filter in a data set that only returns Work item rows that have a CREATION_DATE Greater than or Equal to 'yyyy-mm-ss 00:00:00.000'
The result is only on row but there should be hundreds? (like it is only doing the 'equal' part?)

fact LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT
parameterFields CREATION_DATE,WI_TYPE
selectedFields CREATION_DATE,CREATOR_NAME,WI_COUNT

I am not sure what other information to provide?
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Steve

5 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 08 '09, 11:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunatly, the from and to time data set parameters apply to the modification field of a work item. I would recommend using those and use a BIRT data set filter to further filter out the workitems whose creation times do not match your criteria.

permanent link
Steven Hyde (10692) | answered Feb 09 '09, 8:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Rakik,

Maybe I don't understand your answer, but "...and use a BIRT data set filter to further filter out the workitems whose creation times do not match your criteria."
This is exactly what I am trying to do - use a BIRT data set filter but I only get ONE result row when there should be hundreds??
When I use the 'less than' I get many rows. When I use 'equal to or greater than' I get only ONE?

Is there a known issue with using BIRT data sets and filtering on CREATION_TIME

Thanks,

Steve

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 09 '09, 6:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
act LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT
parameterFields CREATION_DATE,WI_TYPE
selectedFields CREATION_DATE,CREATOR_NAME,WI_COUNT

I see that you are using CREATION_DATE as a parameter. Don't use that.
Use the auto-added FROM_TIME data set parameter.

And set value of the parameter to the desired Time X.

Do a preview of the data set data.
Notice this will give you all workitems updated since X.
That is not good enough I guess because you want the workitems created since X. The list of workitems updated since X should be a super set of the list of updated work items since X.

So now you need to further filter out some work items. Use the data set filter page to create a filter. BIRT filter are used to remove rows from the data set.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 09 '09, 6:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Correction:

the list of workitems updated since X should be a super set of the list of created work items since X.

permanent link
Steven Hyde (10692) | answered Feb 19 '09, 3:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Still struggling with this.
RE:'Use the auto-added FROM_TIME data set parameter.'
There is no auto-added parameter?
Only auto-added one is;
RESULT_SET_SIZE

Any additional help is appreciated.
I just need a count of defects created after a certain date with a certain severity.

Thanks,

Steve

Correction:

the list of workitems updated since X should be a super set of the list of created work items since X.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.