It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to generate a build results file?

Pak Wing (11) | asked Jan 30 '09, 8:24 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to generate a "release note" given a particular build that is marked as a release. I know that the build results are viewable within RTC, but is there a way for this information to be exported out of the Jazz repository as a file?

This is useful information for the release notes documentation, which would save having to manually copy information from the RTC UI. Would be interesting if the build results are also viewable as a web page in the web UI - currently I can't find any viewlets for this kind of information.

many thanks in advance,
Pak

4 answers

permanent link
Roderick Thomas (661179) | answered Jul 05 '11, 10:36 a.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to generate a "release note" given a particular build that is marked as a release. I know that the build results are viewable within RTC, but is there a way for this information to be exported out of the Jazz repository as a file?

This is useful information for the release notes documentation, which would save having to manually copy information from the RTC UI. Would be interesting if the build results are also viewable as a web page in the web UI - currently I can't find any viewlets for this kind of information.

many thanks in advance,
Pak

+1. Any luck with this?

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 05 '11, 1:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

many thanks in advance,
Pak

+1. Any luck with this?

Hi Roderick,

Which part of the original post are you +1 for? The Build Web UI has had work done since the original post over 2 years ago, so I'm not sure if there is something missing that you would like or if it's the first part about a build result export.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
Douglas Haber (6) | answered Jul 07 '11, 12:22 p.m.
Hi,

I am on Rod's team and we still have this issue. We would like to generate an HTML page of all of the work items between the current build and the last production build (there may be testlab or alpha builds in between so we tag the build as "prod"). Ideally we'd like to do this automatically and include the page in our build.

Thanks!
Doug

permanent link
Roderick Thomas (661179) | answered Jul 07 '11, 5:41 p.m.
right.

how do we get "generate release notes" to work?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.