It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how can I have the Description field on RRDI Cognos for to create reports??

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Sep 04 '13, 1:30 p.m.

Hi,

I would like include a couple of sections in my reports, but I dont have able the field on RRDI, Im using the version 2.0.1 and QM version 4, I think that I need to modify the data source, but I dont know how can I do that??

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 04 '13, 2:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rafael,

What Description field are you looking for (ie - project area description, baseline description, etc...)?  If the field is not available by default, you will need to use Insight to expose this field in the XDC and incorporate it in to the ETL and Data Model.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Sep 04 '13, 2:57 p.m. | edited Sep 04 '13, 2:57 p.m.

I would like to have, the Test Case Description, Objective, Pre-Conditions and other 2 custom sections that I have for my test cases, and how can I suse Insight for expose this field, because when I open in  Insight mode, I can see like the same field, or I need edit the model first and use Insight?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Sep 04 '13, 3:30 p.m.

May could I edit the file called model.xml and add something like this??:

<sql type="cognos">Select * from [Rational Data Warehouse].SECTIONS..</sql>

but I dont know the correct name of these tables.. may could I explor it on the database and add it?

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 04 '13, 3:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rafael,

This is a larger effort than modifying just the data model.  There are several layers involved that need to be customized.  You need to install the Insight development tools in order to begin making the changes.  At a high level, this is what you will need to do in order to get the data in to your data warehouse and on to a report.  Hope it helps,

1)  XML Data Configuration (XDC) - Exposes data from RQM REST API.  This is where you will expose the description field so that it can be leveraged by the ETL.
2)  ETL - Use Data Manager and modify the TestCase ETL build to include your new description field exposed by the XDC.
3)  Data Warehouse - If there is no suitable field to load the test case description, you need to create a new column in the RIODS.TESTCASE table to contain the description and update the database view definitions to include this data
4)  Data Model - Once the data has been loaded in to the warehouse, you can modify the testcase query to pull in the description from the database view

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.