It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Feeds returned as HTML instead of XML

Marc St-Amour (313) | asked Sep 04 '13, 11:56 a.m.

Hi,

We have develop a Utility which publish existing automation tools testcase to RQM. The utility works great on some servers but not with others. On some of the servers when requesting a feed (Example: https://bajazz02:9675/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/projects) we receiving an HTML page instead of the expected XML. The returned Html page main content is a message indicating "loading..."

What should I look for in order to either resolve this issue and/or help me debug the problem.

Here are some of the things I have already verified

1. All servers are using form and not base for authentication

2. The utility http header contains the Accept = application/xml and the Content-Type = application/xml

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Sep 04 '13, 12:09 p.m.

Hi Marc,
Can you install and start Firebug and then load the page? What are the errors which firebug displays?

Marc St-Amour commented Sep 04 '13, 1:00 p.m.

HI Krzysztof,

No error displayed in Firebug. Note: The error does not occur when using a browser, it only happens when using our utility Http client connection

4 answers

permanent link
Ted Mayer (47649) | answered Sep 04 '13, 12:21 p.m.
Hello Marc,

When requesting the feed on some servers, it provides the xml content, but on some other servers it does not?

What happens when you enter the below URL in a browser (not using poster)

https://bajazz02:9675/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/projects

Then when a list of projects appear, click on a project, does it also appear in HTML format or XML?

Comments
Marc St-Amour commented Sep 04 '13, 12:54 p.m.

Hi Ted,

1. When I use the URL in the Browser. The Feed is properly displayed and if I view the Source it contains an XML

document with the link to the Projects

2. If I select the link for one of the project , I am prompted to login and the Project main page is displayed

permanent link
Marc St-Amour (313) | answered Sep 04 '13, 1:09 p.m.

Just in case this information is needed.

1. All RQM servers are version 4.0.3

2. The Http response code is 200 when it returnes the Html page

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Sep 04 '13, 1:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Marc,
Are different instances of this utility being used to perform these requests? If so, do they all use the same version of Java (I'm assuming the utility is a java based )?

Also, have your tried using Poster (or any other 3rd party HTTP client) against the server that is returning the HTML 

Ara Masrof commented Sep 04 '13, 1:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Marc,
Are different instances of this utility being used to perform these requests? If so, do they all use the same version of Java (I'm assuming the utility is a java based )?

Also, have your tried using Poster (or any other 3rd party HTTP client) against the server that is returning the HTML 

Marc St-Amour commented Sep 04 '13, 4:15 p.m.

HI Ara,

1. I am running my utility in Eclipse against both server... same java
2. Good suggestion! I am working on duplicating the request thru Poster, but getting error code 400 when perform a POST to the qm/j_security_check ... any ideal?

Thanks!

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Sep 05 '13, 7:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Marc,
Are you using Poster in conjunction with Firefox? If so, try logging into the QM project before attempting to use Poster so that a session has been established
Also, sure to also include your user credentials as a part of the request when using Poster

Comments
Marc St-Amour commented Sep 10 '13, 10:51 a.m.

Hi Ara,

I just finish trying it out with Poster after logging in to the RQM server and it works.

I did more investigation and I suspect the following problem:
1. On server that works I correctly get a sessionID
2. The response from the server that do not work contains a cookie :WASReqURL=https://:9675/qm/authenticated/identity (notice that the URL does not contain the server name
3. I suspect that I am hitting the problem found in this technote:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=688&ca=portall2&uid=swg21320811

I will ask my admin to check if this is the case... what do you think?

permanent link
Marc St-Amour (313) | answered Sep 17 '13, 10:39 a.m.
Hi,

Thank you for everyone for helping on this issue!

Here was the resolution of the problem:
Turns out that the working RQM server where using Websphere 8 and the ones not working where using WebSphere 7.
The admin server applied an FP and it started to work. We suspect that one of the following PM was the root cause of the problem

PM84259

Prevent adding WASReqURL cookie when login page is protected.

PM84969

WASReqURL cookie might no longer be deleted after login

Comments
Marc St-Amour commented Sep 17 '13, 10:41 a.m.

NOTE: I was encountering the same issue with the Jazz.net server RQM sandbox and it may be a good ideal to investigate it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.