It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

using RAFW v3 to change portal/WCM context root

mike prendergast (3948) | asked Sep 04 '13, 9:52 a.m.
Hi,
I'm running portal V8001 with wcm, both at fp6... with raf v3005.

i note that the WP change context root action wp_common_configure_portal_context_root  calls
"modify-servlet-path" & "action-update-portlets". how ever in portal v8  http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=IBM+WebSphere+Portal+8+Product+Documentation#action=openDocument&res_title=Changing_the_portal_URI_wp8&content=pdcontent  the second task is now modify-servlet-path-portlets

Are these two functionally equivalent?  I also note that in v8 that there now several actions after that for WCM, that I can't find a rafw action for. I assume i have to run these manually.

I'd appreciate some confirmation,of both my questions,  and if you are unable to give this, should i open a pmr against raf or portal
thanks
 mike

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Sep 04 '13, 11:56 a.m.
I agree with you one hundred percent. I can try and raise a doc defect against this. 

Please follow the RAF TWITTER  This is a great place to utilize requests like doc enhancements. We will also be tweeting when doc defects are submitted, and when they are published. The lastest technotes, training materials and product defects as they happen. You can also submit your ideas for the RAF blogs. There is a developerworks RAF blog. Want to know how to customize your portal stuff even more? Let us know and we can blog about it. If you have done something cool with Portal, Let us know and you could be in our spotlight blog. 

Thanks!
mike prendergast selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mike prendergast commented Sep 04 '13, 12:03 p.m.

what's the url of the blog please

Ryan Ruscett commented Sep 04 '13, 12:06 p.m.

www.twitter.com/raf_websphere

Cheers! 

Ryan Ruscett commented Sep 04 '13, 12:31 p.m.

The blog has 2 up currently. But More are coming weekly.
Thanks!
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/RAF/?lang=en

2 other answers

permanent link
mike prendergast (3948) | answered Sep 04 '13, 11:09 a.m.
Ryan,
you got back to me just before i was going to point it out :-)

Thanks for your answer. I'll open a pmr, asking if the two are functionally equivalent.
I'll  raise it as portal  pmr , and I guess raise an apar against raf if the answer is no.

I do feel that the doc for wp_common_configure_portal_context_root does need to point out that there may be other actions needed, to complete the proccess, or even better add them as a new action for those running WCM (that's a big request there).

thanks

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Sep 04 '13, 10:27 a.m.
I assume the action you are talking about is wp_common_configure_call_portal_config. Where it actually uses modify-servlet-path instead of the value you referenced above. 

I would recommend opening a new PMR agains this topic for further research. You could try to run the action, if it fails, then go into the ANT xml and change the value. Run again. If it works. Great. Let us know!

Also, as far as some of the WCM content actions. In RAF a tag called <rafaction name="blahblah"/>  What this allows you to do is actually find this action in eclipse or through the command line. You can still call this action because that is determined by the <target name="blahlbvh"/>. But you wont see this action in the list of actions since wp_common_configure_call_portal_config is what we call a super composite action. It calls many actions only needed for this one action identified by a <rafaction> making it available for you to see. Calling the sub actions of this can be done of course. But that is why they are not avail for you to see.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Comments
Ryan Ruscett commented Sep 04 '13, 10:30 a.m.

Oh and I say wp_common_configure_call_portal_config because that is the I think the second sub action of wp_common_configure_portal_context_root and is the first part of the process to use these values. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.