It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not able to view invited member

shubham mathur (1111) | asked Sep 04 '13, 6:18 a.m.
HI All, I invite some of my friend to join my project, in Invitation status I am seeing invitee join project, also confirm personally. He accepted invitation. But while assigning a task his name is not getting populated  and also not able to view his/her name in member list . Can anybody suggest what will be the issue ?

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Sep 04 '13, 7:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I just tried to reproduce the issue, but I was not able to.  Can you try again to invite the user?  Is it possible you invited your friend to a different project you own?

permanent link
shubham mathur (1111) | answered Sep 04 '13, 7:23 a.m.
I don't have any other project.. some information is user is not a member of Jazz, I just sent invitation to mail Id. and my project is private does these setting may refrain user to join?  Also checked User is receiving invitation and able to join.

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Sep 04 '13, 8:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The user will have to register with Jazz in order to join.  Can you ask the user to confirm he is successfully logging in to JazzHub after clicking the link to accept the invitation?

shubham mathur commented Sep 05 '13, 2:47 a.m.

User able to register, but not able to view project from where we sent invite. Also in the project we are not seeing him as a member.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Sep 05 '13, 6:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It sounds like your friend has not yet accepted the invitation to join the project.

The invitation email contains two links.  The first link is a link to the project and will not work until the user has accepted the invitation to the project.  The second link is the link your friend needs to click in order to accept the invitation.

Another way to view the invitation outside of the e-mail is to go to hub.jazz.net, click on Explore Projects, and click on Invitations on the right side of the page.  The invitation will only be listed here if your friend registered with the same e-mail address you sent the invitation to.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.