It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to enable distributed SCM ?

shruti joshi (1003139) | asked Sep 04 '13, 2:08 a.m.
 hi,

While implementing cross repository connections, I forgot to enable Distributed SCM property as "true". Now both the RTC servers are friends now, but not able to send change request to each other due to DSCM disability. Can you please tell me how to enable DSCM property after making two servers as friends. I am also attaching snapshots of my problem. error while delivering changes to other server not able to set DSCM property on "true"

Comments
shruti joshi commented Sep 04 '13, 3:29 a.m.

Hi,

Also, after making the two servers as friends, the change requests are not accepted by the one server to another server even after authorizing/approved the provisional key and hence I am not getting the approved key with application name being displayed in Consumers (Inbound) > Authorized key, section. 

Regarding this problem I am attaching the snapshot for the same:
Friends (Outbound) section Consumer (Inbound) section

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '13, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As also described in https://jazz.net/library/article/535 there are permissions the user needs on both servers. The Friend relationship is only to be able to view a work item connected to a change set on the other server. I would suggest to thoroughly read the article and follow the steps it describes.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 04 '13, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As described in https://jazz.net/library/article/535 you have to enable distributed SCM.
In the CCM Advanced properties search for Enable Distributed SCM, set the property to true and save.

I was able to find it easily (Turn off case sensitivity if you search with CTRL-F in FireFox)
Please note: You can only use Distributed SCM if you have Developer or Enterprise Developer licenses and they are not mixed with 10 Free or Developer for Workgroup licenses.

shruti joshi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
shruti joshi commented Sep 04 '13, 5:06 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, for your support and help :) 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.