It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WAS 7.0 and Federated repositores using ldap

Sean Brogan (1665) | asked Jan 23 '09, 1:43 a.m.
Hi,
I have been trying to setup a Federated repository for WAS 7.0 to connect to my ldap server (bluepages). I have been trying to follow the directions listed at https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/tech-notes/jazz-team-server-1_0-was-ldap-realm-setup/index.html but these directions are for an older WAS. Can anyone provide help? I am in the Security->Global Security. Then Configure on my federated repository. Then I "Add Base Entry to Realm" and input the bluepages info. Unfortunately I can find where to put in the filters (like in WAS 6.0). So now I don't know what to do. I set both my distinguished name of base (unique) and base entry to ou=bluepages,o=ibm.com. But I still don't know how to do the groups for my jazz admins etc.

In the past I have setup tomcat successfully using the bluepages LDAP and didn't really have any problems there. I already have 4 bluegroups defined for the 4 jazz roles. Just need help setting up WAS 7.0 to use those roles. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.