It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to open external URL links from RTC 4 WebUI to another tab?

Thibault Leclercq (9011013) | asked Aug 15 '13, 12:24 p.m.
With RTC 3 Web UI, when clicking on an hyperlink (in a work item) pointing to an external URL, this link was opening in a new browser tab.

Since our upgrade to RTC 4.0.3, the same link opens in the current tab.

How can we set RTC WebUI to open external links to a new browser tab?

Comments
Abraham Sweiss commented Aug 16 '13, 9:12 a.m. | edited Aug 16 '13, 9:13 a.m.

Since I use the eclipse client, i was not aware of the behavior change  in the webui from 3.0 to 4.0.  It may be better to open as a defect first and then let the WEBUI team determine if this should be handled as a defect, regression or enhancement.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 16 '13, 8:18 a.m.
The only option I am aware of to open a link in a new tab is browser dependant.   For example right  click on a link and select to open in new tab.

If you feel that having CLM  include the ability to allow users to configure the webui so links open in a tab will improve the usability of the product, please open an enhancement request.  If an enhancement request is openned please post here.
Thibault Leclercq selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thibault Leclercq commented Aug 16 '13, 9:07 a.m.

Opening in a new tab was the default with RTC 3. But with RTC 4.0.3, this changed to opening in the current tab. I will open an RFE, thx 

2 other answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 15 '13, 2:15 p.m.
The only option I could find was to go to WIndows -> preferences -> Web Browser to modify which  browser is used.  But does not look like which tab is used when clicking on a link is configurable.

Comments
Thibault Leclercq commented Aug 16 '13, 4:33 a.m.

Abraham, I am not sure which menu you're talking about. I am NOT using the RTC Eclipse client, I am ONLY using the web client 

permanent link
Thibault Leclercq (9011013) | answered Aug 16 '13, 9:18 a.m.

Comments
Thibault Leclercq commented Aug 16 '13, 9:20 a.m.

I've changed it to a Defect as suggested above. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.