It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

query builder: can I specify that the value of 1 attribute is the same as another attribute?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Aug 13 '13, 11:33 p.m.
I don't believe this is possible, but I thought I would ask before opening an enhancement:

Is it possible to create a query that lists Defect work items types where there is no Verification approval for the creator?

I was thinking it would be something like this in the query builder:
Type = Defect
where
ApprovalDescriptors > Type is  Verification
and
Created By  IS NOT Approvals > Approver

Right now, I can use Created By is "Joe" and Approvals>Approver is not "Joe" but I either have to:
1) use "current user" and tell all 300 people to run it
2) create 300 queries (1 for each person)
3) create a query that takes parameters for those two people, run it 300 times, and make sure that I pick the same person for both parameters.

Susan

2 answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Aug 14 '13, 4:03 a.m.
Hello,

I don't think it's currently possible, but definitely it would make a great enhancement.
If you do go ahead and create the enhancement request, please share the link here.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Aug 14 '13, 6:36 a.m.
 Hi Susan,
                  You need not create queries for each user, instead -> you can use "currentUser" as the variable type while creating queries via the process configuration.

Are you creating queries via the process config?

Thanks.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Aug 14 '13, 6:39 a.m.

No, i am not creating them via process config.
However, I can use "current user" if I create it via query builder, but that means that every individual person has to run the query.  We want 1 person to be able to run the query and see all the work items that fail this check in a single query result.

Susan

VK L commented Aug 14 '13, 6:49 a.m.

Such cases not possible using queries can be done via BIRT/Insight reports and interfaced in RTC Dashboard.  However, i am not sure if it's available in the latest RTC version.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.