It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I change a snapshot's name using the Jazz Plan Java API?

Thom Savage (1122) | asked Jul 26 '13, 12:04 p.m.
I've got an IBuildResult that has a valid snapshot (IBaselineSet) associated with it. I've been able to get a handle on the snapshot by fetching it as an extended contribution. I'm using the following snippet, which throws no exceptions; however, the change does not show up when browsing the snapshot in the Eclipse client. What do I need to do to get my snapshot's name updated?
//== Mutate snapshot to match new buildLabel
IBuildResultContribution[] snapshotContribs = buildClient.getBuildResultContributions(parentBuild, new String[] { ScmConstants.EXTENDED_DATA_TYPE_ID_BUILD_SNAPSHOT}, monitor);
IWorkspaceManager wkspcMgr = (IWorkspaceManager)repo.getClientLibrary(IWorkspaceManager.class);
if(snapshotContribs != null) {
   IBaselineSetHandle bsHandle = (IBaselineSetHandle)snapshotContribs[0].getExtendedContribution();
   IBaselineSet snapshot = (IBaselineSet)itemManager.fetchCompleteItem(bsHandle, ItemManager.REFRESH, monitor);
   wkspcMgr.setName(snapshot, "NewName - " + snapshot.getName(), monitor);
}

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 26 '13, 3:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks fine to me. It might be an issue of the Eclipse client using stale data. Did you try forcing a refresh of the Eclipse client (i.e. force a refresh of the view listing the snapshot or refresh the snapshot editor)?
Thom Savage selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thom Savage commented Jul 26 '13, 5:54 p.m.

Though I did a number of refreshes and didn't see any changes, a cup of coffee and a re-visit in the afternoon revealed that the save did go through and the world is right. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.