It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC License timeouts

Sally-Anne Prout (11012216) | asked Nov 03 '08, 12:11 p.m.
Hi
Can anyone tell me how long a developer would hold a license for? What is the standard timeout? Can this be configured?

Thanks
Sally

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Kogan (51) | answered Nov 03 '08, 9:13 p.m.
Hi
Can anyone tell me how long a developer would hold a license for? What is the standard timeout? Can this be configured?

Thanks
Sally

A developer will hold it for 2 hours minimum. This period can be configured for a higher value but not lower than the minimum.

To modify the expiration time, change the "License checkout time" property on the advanced configuration page of the admin web UI.

--Dan Kogan
Jazz Server Team

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11012216) | answered Apr 09 '09, 5:14 a.m.
Does this mean that a license will continue to be held by the developer for 2 hours even when not being used. So is it from 2 hours when they start to use to licence and continues to be held for 2 hours !

Is this going to be changed in version 2?

Flex held licenses for 30 minutes - I don't think customers will like this feature !!

Thanks
Sally

Hi

Thanks
Sally

A developer will hold it for 2 hours minimum. This period can be configured for a higher value but not lower than the minimum.

To modify the expiration time, change the "License checkout time" property on the advanced configuration page of the admin web UI.

--Dan Kogan
Jazz Server Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.