It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC License timeouts

Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | asked Nov 03 '08, 12:11 p.m.
Hi
Can anyone tell me how long a developer would hold a license for? What is the standard timeout? Can this be configured?

Thanks
Sally

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Kogan (51) | answered Nov 03 '08, 9:13 p.m.
Hi
Can anyone tell me how long a developer would hold a license for? What is the standard timeout? Can this be configured?

Thanks
Sally

A developer will hold it for 2 hours minimum. This period can be configured for a higher value but not lower than the minimum.

To modify the expiration time, change the "License checkout time" property on the advanced configuration page of the admin web UI.

--Dan Kogan
Jazz Server Team

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Apr 09 '09, 5:14 a.m.
Does this mean that a license will continue to be held by the developer for 2 hours even when not being used. So is it from 2 hours when they start to use to licence and continues to be held for 2 hours !

Is this going to be changed in version 2?

Flex held licenses for 30 minutes - I don't think customers will like this feature !!

Thanks
Sally

Hi

Thanks
Sally

A developer will hold it for 2 hours minimum. This period can be configured for a higher value but not lower than the minimum.

To modify the expiration time, change the "License checkout time" property on the advanced configuration page of the admin web UI.

--Dan Kogan
Jazz Server Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.