It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How could I accept change sets only in scm command line?

Di Tang (441813) | asked Jul 03 '13, 3:47 a.m.
Hello everyone! 

As the summary, my question is how counld I accept change sets only(no baseline) in scm command line?

Details(background and the reason I ask that question):
1. I have write a script within scm command line to load code to a sandbox for building it. It also means I won't do any check in in and deliver.
2. Building process will generate many middle files, but I need to keep them for saving time in next time I build.
3. I use "scm status -n" to check the new In comming, because there isn't any local change except middle files.
4. If the incomming only include changeset, that would be fine.
5. Sometimes incomming may include baseline, but if I accept the baseline, the sandbox will refresh the local file changed. The reason I said that is after I accept a baseline, I run "scm status -n" then I will see many unresolves, and it takes me much move time, which I really don't want to.

Could anyone please give me some suggestions, I would be very grateful for that!

Comments
Di Tang commented Jul 03 '13, 8:46 p.m. | edited Jul 04 '13, 9:19 a.m.

Hi , Abraham and Tim, thank you for your reply, I really appreciate for that.

To Abraham:
I have read the link you posted and it told me "A space-separated list of one or more change sets to accept. Specify change sets by name, alias, or UUID. If omitted, all incoming change sets for the workspace are accepted."

Then I had do some test in my RTC server which version is 3.0.1.3. If I omitted name, alias, or UUID with "scm accept", it will accept all incoming(include baseline) and refresh my sandbox, but If I use "scm accept -c", I need to specify name, alias, or UUID of changesets manually .

Do I use it in wrong way? or this method might not work well in RTC3.0.1.3?

To Tim:
As I said before, if I use scm accept -c, I need to spicify name, alias, or UUID of changesets manually, rigth? I am using a script to do scm load, accept, so it's a little complicated to find out all changesets(include those under a baseline) to accept.

And there is a further question, why rtc refresh my sandbox after I accept a baseline? If I could accept baseline without any local filesystem refresh, my problem would be resolved.

Tim Mok commented Jul 04 '13, 9:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You did not mention that you tried scm accept -c but that is the method of specifying change sets to accept.

For the sandbox refresh, I don't know what the -n flag is on your status command. Did you mean -N? That will avoid the local refresh.

Di Tang commented Jul 04 '13, 10:20 a.m.

Hi Tim,

I might not explain clear enough, I know "scm status" will refresh sandbox, and "scm status -n" will not(I remember it is not -N but -n, I will do some test later), but if the incoming includes baseline, I run "scm status -n" after "scm accept"(without -c <changeset>) will find out all the local changed(it means scm accept baseline cause the sandbox refresh) and it's take much more time than only accept change set, which is the core of my problem.

So, I think there are two solutions:
1. Only accept change set, but I need to accept all change set automatically. For now, I don't know how.
2. Accept all things(include baseline) but don't refresh sandbox, but I am also not sure if there is any argument is able to do that.

2 answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 03 '13, 8:04 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '13, 8:05 a.m.
The only method i am aware of to accept change sets is documented in the following article.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_scm_cli_accept.html

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 03 '13, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
scm help accept shows that you can specify change sets with the -c flag. Have you tried this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.