It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to effectively use RQM snapshots with RPE?

Joe Gariano (8813137) | asked Jul 02 '13, 2:09 p.m.
The RQM Reportable REST API says that you can query a resource using a revision parameter, where the value of the parameter is the revision number.  (See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#revision)

I have an RPE template that takes as an initial data source a feed of all the test plans in a project.  The RPE template then cycles through the test plan feed and dynamically configures a new data source to get the details of each individual test plan, and proceeds to print out a bunch of stuff in the individual test plan (test plan attributes, test cases, etc).

In RQM, I've applied a snapshot to each of the test plans to denote a certain milestone in our project.  Each test plan snapshot has been given the same name (call it "Foo"), but RQM assigns each snapshot a unique revision number.  What I would like to be able to do is run the RPE template and have it only print out what's in the snapshot "Foo" for all test plans.  But the revision parameter expects a revision number, not a snapshot name.  In other words, it expects me to supply the unique revision number for each test plan instead of allowing me to address the entire feed of plans with a single snapshot name or revision number.  So I'm stuck.

Is there a good way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,
Joe

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chong Yuan Yin (7612) | answered Jul 03 '13, 4:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi Joe,

If you want to GET a specific snapshot, the revision parameter only accepts the revision number, but not the name.

RQM REST API supports the PROPFIND request to retrieve the snapshots list (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Read_a_List_of_Snapshots), and you can get the revision number there given its title.

However, I'm afraid RPE only supports GET request, you may need to script your own PROPFIND request, which I think is not easy..
Joe Gariano selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Joe Gariano commented Jul 03 '13, 1:29 p.m.

Thanks for the answer.  I wish that the snapshot feature for QM worked like it does in RM -- i.e., where you can apply a single snapshot to an entire project and then use the ID of that snapshot in RPE queries.

Regards,
Joe

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.