It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do i setup the requirement in RTC Web to require a work item and comments when adding documents.

jeanie Keen (132123) | asked Jun 06 '13, 2:04 p.m.

How do i setup a requirement on the RTC Web to require a work item and comments when adding or updating documents.  In eclipse there is a section in the project to select the operation behavior to require the work item. 

I selected requires a work item to deliver. 

i saved my doc on the web without the workitem

it allowed me to save the document straight on the stream.  I have admin rights so i dont know if this is why or if it is because i have to set a setting on the Web to require the work item.

i went into eclipse selected Accept on the doc i just saved on the Web.

It did not allow me to deliver due to the setting i set on eclipse

So how do i set the requirement up in the Web to require a work item and comments to check in documents 

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 07 '13, 3:00 a.m.

Hello Jeanie,
It is difficult for me to follow your thoughts. What do you mean by documents? Are there any artifacts from RRC or RQM?

Piotr Aniola commented Jun 07 '13, 4:58 a.m.

Krzysztof, I believe Jeani means documents checked into a doc stream in SCM

2 answers

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jun 07 '13, 11:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The SCM in the web UI works directly on the repository, so it does not hit the same preconditions you would when checking in to the stream from the eclipse client. This is working by designed.

permanent link
jeanie Keen (132123) | answered Jun 07 '13, 11:24 a.m.

Thanks for everyones response.

Yes this is working as designed. I needed to know where to go to set up the requirements.

Below are the details on what i found that resolves the questions.

Go into Eclipse and select the project navigate to the behaivors.  Select everyone > select the Client deliver for the client eclipse and select server deliver for the web.  Select preconditions select require work item and comments.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.