It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I create a new project area? I get a permission error when I try to do that.

Pankaj Singh (112) | asked Jun 06 '13, 9:25 a.m.
How can I create a new project area? I get a permission error when I try to do that.

3 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jun 06 '13, 9:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
along with the license you need to be a member of the project area and have a role with permission to create the project area on it..
Check the role you are assigned to and check the permissions on that role :
Project Configuration > Permissions > Select a Role > Permitted actions: > Process > Save Project Area (server)

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 06 '13, 10:29 a.m.
edited Jun 06 '13, 10:31 a.m.
@paxsingh , from your comment , it looks like you are trying to create project area on "Jazz.net"

Try creating on the sandbox environment, following the link:
https://jazz.net/products/sandbox/

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k372103) | answered Jun 06 '13, 9:37 a.m.
Hello Pankaj,
The user who is creating new project area must have the product license assigned to create new PA. Do you have it?
Could you simply provide the snapshot from error message?

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Comments
Pankaj Singh commented Jun 06 '13, 9:48 a.m. | edited Jun 06 '13, 9:50 a.m.

On jazz.net, I clicked on Administration > Manage Project Areas > Create Project Area (with Formal Project Management Process), type the project area name and click on save. It tells me -

Project area cannot be saved.
hide details
User "paxsingh" does not have the required permission to perform the following operation: create a project area in the repository. The "JazzProjectAdmins" repository permission is required to perform this operation.

Dinesh Kumar B commented Jun 06 '13, 9:54 a.m. | edited Jun 06 '13, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Check the Repository Permissions, ask your admin to add you to the "JazzProjectAdmins" group.

use View My Profile and Licenses > Overview tab to see what Repository Permissions you have.  This depends on the Groups on your user directory.  You need to be a member of the specific group.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.