It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Team Server (RTC 1.0.1) with DB2 (no express)


Rodrigo Silva (5151) | asked Dec 12 '08, 2:29 p.m.
I am installing the Jazz Team Server (RTC 1.0.1) on a Windows 2003 Server 32 Bits and I have a doubt. Anybody got the script to create the tables on DB2? I would check it before, because it will be used in a shared instance.

5 answers



permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Dec 12 '08, 2:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using RTC 1.0.1 on a Windows 2003 machine should be no problem. If you
want to create the tables, you can use the 'repotools -createTables'
command.

-
Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team


On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 19:37 +0000, rodsilva wrote:
I am installing the Jazz Team Server (RTC 1.0.1) on a Windows 2003
Server 32 Bits and I have a doubt. Anybody got the script to create
the tables on DB2? I would check it before, because it will be used
in a shared instance.

permanent link
Rodrigo Silva (5151) | answered Dec 15 '08, 9:01 a.m.
I see the script before creating the table?

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Dec 15 '08, 9:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you run the tool it automatically creates the tables for you.

-
Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team


On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 14:08 +0000, rodsilva wrote:
I see the script before creating the table?

permanent link
Rodrigo Silva (5151) | answered Dec 15 '08, 11:14 a.m.
I would check all the commands that are executed when you use repotools-createtables

this is the script for db2 of Rational Build Forge, I need an equal for Team Concert, not found in any documentation


"// Criar banco de dados
db2 CREATE DATABASE BFT ALIAS BUILD AUTOCONFIGURE USING MEM_PERCENT 40 APPLY DB ONLY USING
CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US
db2 CONNECT TO BUILD
db2 CREATE BUFFERPOOL "BUFFP1" IMMEDIATE SIZE 1000 PAGESIZE 8192 NOT EXTENDED STORAGE;
db2 CONNECT RESET;
db2 CONNECT TO BUILD;
// Criar espaos de tabela
db2 CREATE SYSTEM TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMPSPACE2 PAGESIZE 8192 MANAGED BY SYSTEM
USING ('<caminho_para_banco_de_dados>/SQL003.0')
EXTENTSIZE 64
PREFETCHSIZE 64
BUFFERPOOL BUFFP1;
db2 CREATE USER TEMPORARY TABLESPACE BFUSE_TEMP PAGESIZE 8192 MANAGED BY SYSTEM
USING ('<caminho_para_banco_de_dados>/SQL004.0')
EXTENTSIZE 64
PREFETCHSIZE 64
BUFFERPOOL BUFFP1;
db2 CREATE REGULAR TABLESPACE USERSPACE2 PAGESIZE 8192 MANAGED BY SYSTEM
USING ('<caminho_para_banco_de_dados>/SQL005.0')
EXTENTSIZE 64
PREFETCHSIZE 64
BUFFERPOOL BUFFP1;
// O usurio deve receber a autorizao de utilizao do espao de tabela BFUSE_TEMP
db2 GRANT USE OF TABLESPACE BFUSE_TEMP TO USER BUILD WITH GRANT OPTION
db2 commit work;
db2 CONNECT RESET;
db2 terminate; "

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Dec 15 '08, 11:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ah, it is probably possible to generate something like that if you
adjust some log settings. Can you explain why you would want to look at
all of the commands listed? Considering our table structure is
internal, it doesn't seem very useful to look at the creation commands.

-
Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team


On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 16:17 +0000, rodsilva wrote:
I would check all the commands that are executed when you use
repotools-createtables

this is the script for db2 of Rational Build Forge, I need an equal
for Team Concert, not found in any documentation


"// Criar banco de dados
db2 CREATE DATABASE BFT ALIAS BUILD AUTOCONFIGURE USING MEM_PERCENT 40
APPLY DB ONLY USING
CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US
db2 CONNECT TO BUILD
db2 CREATE BUFFERPOOL "BUFFP1" IMMEDIATE SIZE 1000 PAGESIZE
8192 NOT EXTENDED STORAGE;
db2 CONNECT RESET;
db2 CONNECT TO BUILD;
// Criar espaos de tabela
db2 CREATE SYSTEM TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMPSPACE2 PAGESIZE 8192
MANAGED BY SYSTEM
USING ('<caminho_para_banco_de_dados>/SQL003.0')
EXTENTSIZE 64
PREFETCHSIZE 64
BUFFERPOOL BUFFP1;
db2 CREATE USER TEMPORARY TABLESPACE BFUSE_TEMP PAGESIZE 8192 MANAGED
BY SYSTEM
USING ('<caminho_para_banco_de_dados>/SQL004.0')
EXTENTSIZE 64
PREFETCHSIZE 64
BUFFERPOOL BUFFP1;
db2 CREATE REGULAR TABLESPACE USERSPACE2 PAGESIZE 8192 MANAGED BY
SYSTEM
USING ('<caminho_para_banco_de_dados>/SQL005.0')
EXTENTSIZE 64
PREFETCHSIZE 64
BUFFERPOOL BUFFP1;
// O usurio deve receber a autorizao de utilizao do espao de
tabela BFUSE_TEMP
db2 GRANT USE OF TABLESPACE BFUSE_TEMP TO USER BUILD WITH GRANT
OPTION
db2 commit work;
db2 CONNECT RESET;
db2 terminate; "

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.