It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trac Import Solution

Christian Romeyke (1386) | asked Dec 11 '08, 5:12 a.m.
We are planning to migrate our project from Trac / Suversion to Team Concert. As I understand, the only currently available import mechanism is for Bugzilla, and my best option would be to write an exporter that generates records following the Bugzilla XML schema. At least that's what I got from here.

Before I embark on that mission myself I just wanted to query if there is somebody else who already did that and wants to share the results?

Otherwise I am of course happy to share the outcome with the community, although I think that this approach can really just be considered a workaround and that the more solid solution would be to write an actual importer utilizing the Work Item API directly, right?

4 answers

permanent link
Shai Shapira (4674) | answered Apr 14 '10, 3:36 a.m.
Hi,

I was wondering if you were able to do the import?
Did you write an importer?

Thanks.

permanent link
Christian Romeyke (1386) | answered Apr 14 '10, 6:05 a.m.
Hi Shai,

yes, indeed. I wrote a little Java utility back then that accessed the Trac API and exported Bugzilla XML, which I then imported using the built-in wizard.

It's not the most powerful solution, though, and I wouldn't recommend using it. Instead, I later wrote a more full-fledged importer (not for Trac, but for Scrumworks and Xplanner) that directly accesses the Jazz Plain Java Client API and can be adapted (programatically) to work with arbitrary input sources. This is now an IBM-internal asset, so just contact me if you're interested in using / extending it.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Apr 14 '10, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is also the CSV Importer, http://jazz.net/library/techtip/69.

permanent link
Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Sep 29 '11, 8:53 a.m.
You can also import from CSV, check out this article:
https://jazz.net/library/article/69

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.