It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

mapping multiple ldap groups to one jazz group

jeff oestreich (1061148) | asked Dec 09 '08, 2:16 p.m.
reading in ldap4dummies and infocenter:
One Jazz group can be mapped to multiple LDAP groups. The LDAP groups must be separated by a semicolon.

I currently have a one-to-one mapping of ldap group to Jazz group, but would like to extend to multiple ldap groups per Jazz group.

I haven't found any docs that describe what this means to my tomcat config. Can I add additional corresponding role-name and role-link tags to my web.xml for the Jazz group names that will have multiple LDAP groups associated? Seems to make sense where role-name is already overloaded, but not sure about role-link.

4 answers

permanent link
jeff oestreich (1061148) | answered Dec 09 '08, 3:20 p.m.
The answer I got offline is that you cannot do this with tomcat. Have to move to WAS to get this capability. For the time being, I'm staying with tomcat and creating a new ldap group for my JazzUsers.

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Dec 10 '08, 7:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you explain how this can be done with WAS. Where, offline did you get your answer. Thanks.

permanent link
jeff oestreich (1061148) | answered Dec 11 '08, 10:05 a.m.
Can you explain how this can be done with WAS.
I cannot. I received only that assertion, decided that it agreed with my interpretation of the (lack of) Tomcat info I found, and ran with it. (well, "ran away from it" might be more appropriate... the particulars of our environment and timing meant that managing LDAP group membership was a better solution than reinstalling JAZZ with WAS, at least in the short term)
Where, offline did you get your answer. Thanks.
Came up as an aside during offline diagnostics & patching of a different Jazz/LDAP issue (https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2986)

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Dec 12 '08, 7:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
thloeber wrote:
Can you explain how this can be done with WAS. Where, offline did you
get your answer. Thanks.

In the WAS admin Console:

Applications-> Enterprise Applications -> jazz_war -> Security Role to
user/group mapping

Select the Role (eg. JazzUsers) and click "Lookup Groups"
In the next dialog (page) enter a search string and hit search to show
your available groups. Select the gorups you want and add them to the
"Selected" textbox using the ">>".
Click Ok and restart jazz_war

HTH
Freddy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.