It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Accessing Releasedate and Enddates of Iterations with Java

Lars Fockele (22179) | asked May 08 '13, 5:51 a.m.
Hello,

I created a Follow-up Action for the SaveWorkItem trigger in RTC 4.0.1. But now I'm stuck. I have to read out the Release, the Releasedate, the Iteration and the Enddate of the Iteration from the saved Work Item. Is it possible to get these information with my Java Plugin?

Thanks in advance,
Lars

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 08 '13, 9:26 a.m.

sure.. from the workitem project area, get the DevelopmentTimelines and iterations.

<code>
// note this is a list of timelines
IDevelopmentLineHandle[] dlh = iprja.getDevelopmentLines();
// get the first
IDevelopmentLine dl =
          (IDevelopmentLine) auditableClient .fetchCurrentAuditable(dlh[0],
          ItemProfile .createFullProfile(IDevelopmentLine.ITEM_TYPE), null);
</code>

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 08 '13, 8:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 08 '13, 8:18 a.m.
Hi Lars, the only work so far I have done with iteration is published here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/handling-iterations-automation-for-the-planned-for-attribute/ it is client API, but I assume the server API should be easy enough to find. This might provide you at least an entry point. Sorry, but publish about manipulation of the iteration structure, times and dates is still on my backlog and I have no examples more complex than the above yet 8-)
Lars Fockele selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Lars Fockele (22179) | answered May 10 '13, 11:48 a.m.
Hi Ralph, Sam,

thank you for your answers. I'll try it in the next days with your samples and the server API.

Have a nice weekend,
Lars

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.