It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Programatically change workitem state

Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | asked May 06 '13, 9:17 a.m.
I know that this question has been asked several times before and I did my due diligence to read through all of them. I am asking this very same question again because, although I have followed the solutions recommended in those topics, I cannot trigger a programmatic change of state for my workitems.

I have a participant that is responsible to trigger a workflow change when certain conditions are met: all approvals are closed, the current state is a particular one in the workflow.

What I am doing is to invoke the following piece of code :

IStatus saveStatus = fWorkItemServer.saveWorkItem2 (workItemWorkingCopy, null, workflowAction);

where the workflowAction is a string representation of the ID of the target state. This ID is retrieved from an IWorkflowInfo object.

By the way, the target state is a direct successor of the current state of the workitem.

Well, this code does exactly nothing. So, what am I missing here? Have I forgot to make some preparations?

NB : I have also followed the UpdateParentParticipants example on the rsjazz.net site.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.