It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom attribute presentation, can I pass properties from the process config to the implementation? Solved

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked May 04 '13, 11:47 p.m.
edited May 08 '13, 9:21 a.m.
I am building a custom attribute presentation, to replace 'found in' with a list of specific workitems of a new type we created to augment the Releases table. But I don't want to hard code the selection criteria.  If the team decides they have a better selection algorithm, I'd like to let them create their own query, and pass the query name  to the handler.

the Presentation Descriptor has a member called 'properties'

also, is there a quick way to find a query by name?  I have some code that does both personal or shared queries, but you have to get the list, then search thru the list. would be nice if the system could do this for me.
| I just made a function to combine both search thru lists)

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 06 '13, 7:25 a.m.
the answer is Yes, but it may not be obvious in the presentation configuration UI.

for some 'custom' attributes, there will be a section of the dialog for configuring properties, for some this will not appear.

but in the process config source you can use properties like below
<code>
<presentation attributeId="com.xx.test_workitemlist" kind="com.ibm.team.workitem.kind.workItemList"
                                    label="test_list">
     <property key="query" value="test"/>
     <property key="numRows" value="2"/>
</presentation>
</code>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.