It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get a client side plugin working? Please help!

Diana Pertuz (1324) | asked May 02 '13, 2:50 p.m.
edited May 02 '13, 3:07 p.m.
I´m working in a process template customization in CLM 4.0.1 (WAS + DB2). I need to build some custom behavior using an advisor plugin. I had read the Workshop PoT document about extending RTC and later I tried to follow a developer post about a check summary advisor. I just follow the steps

1. Add to the client the SDK plugins
  2. Create the plugin project
  3. Add the required plugin client dependencies
  4. Create the .java class
  5. Check the MANIFEST and the plugin dependencies lines
  6. Create the feature about the plugin
  7. Create the update site about that feature
  8. Try to install the update using the "help > Install new software" option... (And then it fails!!!!)

Can anyone help me to fix this issue?
I keep getting the same error: requires 'bundle com.ibm.team.process.service 1.2.1000' but it could not be found   Cannot satisfy dependency (check at the the end of the view)

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 02 '13, 4:05 p.m.
anything that ends in 'service' is a server side function, and that will never work on a client..

the libraries are divided like this

... client
... common
... service

the first two are available on the client
the last two are available on the server.

advisors typically run on the server, and thus have to be installed there thru the server/conf/ccm/sites
approach

Diana Pertuz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Diana Pertuz commented May 03 '13, 11:35 a.m.

Sam,
Thanks for your answer. You are completely right, the plugin must be deployed at the server side. I installed it yesterday in server/conf/ccm/sites and add the .ini file in the provision_files folder. :) Now everything in working fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.