It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone tried Bugzilla to Jazz work item migration?

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | asked Dec 03 '08, 12:55 p.m.
Please can you share your experience and post sample XML files you used to do the export from Bugzilla, import to Jazz and the mapping gfile if you use?

25 answers

permanent link
Simon Rorke (6) | answered Jul 31 '09, 6:10 a.m.
Please can you share your experience and post sample XML files you used to do the export from Bugzilla, import to Jazz and the mapping gfile if you use?

Great forum!
A find question up for 8 months and no views or replies!
I'd be interested in importing too.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 31 '09, 4:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Great forum!
A find question up for 8 months and no views or replies!
I'd be interested in importing too.

Whoops - sometimes queries slip through...

Try http://jazz.net/library/technote/69 for help on Bugzilla importing

anthony

permanent link
Daniel Meyer (7186) | answered Aug 17 '09, 9:27 a.m.
It doesn't work with our bugzilla 2.16.11. Is there a limitation on a certain bugzilla version which is supported for this?

I tried to use import wizard to get the bugzilla bugs as xml, and keep getting the error "Operation-timeed out: connect: could be due to invalid addres".

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | answered Aug 17 '09, 9:43 a.m.
Thanks for reviving this thread.

I am actually doing migration from ClearQuest ALM to Jazz via Bugzilla. I write a Perl script to extrat data from CQALM into XML files in the format of Bugzilla reports, then zip them together with the attachments and then feed tham to the Jazz Importer. It works well.

It seesm you are doing it from an active Bugzilla server to Jazz server directly whcih I don't try yet.

permanent link
Daniel Meyer (7186) | answered Aug 17 '09, 10:02 a.m.
Coz im not the db guru, i thought i can get the bugs out of bugzilla with the rtc import wizard. :shock:

I'll find another way to get them out there. Importing to rqm works fine, except one problem. in the xml of bugzilla bugs, there is a long_desc tag, which is then used for the description and the first comment after jazz import. So the first comment is likely useless coz it's the same as the description.

permanent link
Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Aug 17 '09, 10:13 a.m.
DanielM wrote:
Coz im not the db guru, i thought i can get the bugs out of bugzilla
with the rtc import wizard. :shock:

I'll find another way to get them out there. Importing to rqm works
fine, except one problem. in the xml of bugzilla bugs, there is a
long_desc tag, which is then used for the description and the first
comment after jazz import. So the first comment is likely useless coz
it's the same as the description.

Did you follow http://jazz.net/library/technote/69 ?

--
Benjamin Pasero
Work Item & UI Commons Team

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | answered Aug 17 '09, 10:37 a.m.
Coz im not the db guru, i thought i can get the bugs out of bugzilla with the rtc import wizard. :shock:

I'll find another way to get them out there. Importing to rqm works fine, except one problem. in the xml of bugzilla bugs, there is a long_desc tag, which is then used for the description and the first comment after jazz import. So the first comment is likely useless coz it's the same as the description.

Sounds like you are using pre-2.0 and you are right there. If you upgrade to 2.0, I am told that the bug has been solved and you don't need the loag_desc field for the Description anymore.

permanent link
Daniel Meyer (7186) | answered Aug 18 '09, 1:09 a.m.
We are actually on 2.0. Do you have a simple example of a xml for this you could post here?

The question is in which tag is the description of the bug, when the comments are in long_desc?

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Aug 18 '09, 10:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think the description/comment fix that is being referred to is related to the CQ Importer which is built on top of the Bugzilla Importer. In CQ, there are separate fields that contain the description and comment values. This can be specified separately in the mapping file.

In Bugzilla, the description and comment information are both stored in the long_desc field. This is why you see the 1st comment in the work item description field as well as in the comments field.

permanent link
Daniel Meyer (7186) | answered Aug 18 '09, 11:07 a.m.
So this seems to be a bug in the Bugzilla import wizard of RTC, or actually the xml specification for that. The solution would be to simply add a separate tag for the description or comments in the xml and not use the same for both fields.

But i guess this forum is the wrong place to mention that.

Thanks anyway

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.