It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can report templates be extracted from RTC ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Apr 22 '13, 7:45 a.m.
Follow on to:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/108730/how-to-troubleshoot-birt-reports-that-consume-excessive-timecpu

One group has successfully determined how to bring their RTC application to a crashing halt apparently due to their report resources.  I can find Active Services like this:

Active Services 

Service Name         Running Time  Requested By                                                  More Information           
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ServerStatusRestService.getActiveServiceInfo    00:00:00:000    Kevin Ramer    Show Details
com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.ReportRestService.postRenderReport    02:18:51:855    LU XIAO    Show Details
com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.ReportRestService.postRenderReport    03:21:17:363    LU XIAO    Show Details

[ Those are *small* running time compared to most, before the application died almost 20h for one and several going with minimum 14h ]

I need to get all the non-ootb report design out of the RTC database to at least try to find the smoking gun.  Who can help ?

One answer

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Apr 22 '13, 8:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no direct way but you can narrow down by checking the <user> against the postRenderReport Active Service.
Then narrow down the recently run reports by that <user>

https://<server>:<port>/ccm/view-history?type=com.ibm.team.reports.ReportViewer&type=com.ibm.team.reports.ReportTemplateEditor&size=10&user=<user>

The long running report should be one of these (hopefully it won't be a long list)

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 22 '13, 8:47 a.m.

What form does value for <user> take ?  Our User id are in the form: user@xx.ibm.com.

Karol W commented Apr 22 '13, 9:01 a.m. | edited Apr 22 '13, 9:16 a.m.

I believe <user> is contributor's userid, same you are using as login.

ankur sharma commented Apr 23 '13, 1:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes....same id that you shall also see in the Active Services entry

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.