It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RichText()

Bob Smith (144) | asked Apr 11 '13, 5:36 a.m.
Hao,

I am using the Import tool for Word 4.0.3M2 and using it with Word 2007. Is the Defect that a Style other than normal is not supported?

I tried to use the notation that you show above for the RichText() modifier, but line breaks, bulleted lists and numbered lists are ignored and two sentences are strung together, bullets and numbers are ignored.

Also, can you show me an example of using the List() modifier. I have my test cases in a well formed Word document with paragraph numbering as shown below. How would I use the List() Modifier to parse through the Word document and extract the content paragraphs from the numbered paragraph and import that paragraph content into RQM and various text sections. For example, I want to take the sentence under E.1.1 Objective and put it into the RQM Test Design section of the Test Case. Likewise for Pre-Conditions, I wan to put the content of the paragraph underneath E.1.2 into the RQM Pre-Condition section of the Test Case.

E.1 Test Case Title: This Test does XYZ

E.1.1 Objective
The objective of this test is to find X

E.1.2 Pre-Conditions
The test data needs xxx

Comments
Max Bridges commented Apr 11 '13, 9:27 a.m. | edited Apr 11 '13, 9:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you explored the samples in the utility's install directory? There are examples demonstrating much of what you want to know in there. Check out Requirements in a list.cfg/doc and Testscripts in a list.cfg/doc regarding your final question.

You can find a list of supported attributes and configuration syntax at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Creating_Configuration_Files.

One answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Apr 15 '13, 2:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm copying Max Bridges comment above as an acceptable answer:

"Have you explored the samples in the utility's install directory? There are examples demonstrating much of what you want to know in there. Check out Requirements in a list.cfg/doc and Testscripts in a list.cfg/doc regarding your final question.

You can find a list of supported attributes and configuration syntax at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Creating_Configuration_Files."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.