It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to enable an operation participant in just the derived project area and not on the main project area?

Meera Varma (911012) | asked Mar 26 '13, 10:10 a.m.
I am having an issue with enabling a operation particpant in a project area .Lets say this project area is A .Now the project area A derives its process from another Master project B. So project B shares its process with Project B. Also the project B shares its process with several other project areas for eg: C, D, E etc.

The issue is that if I enable the participant in B, it will be run for all the projects which share B's process. However I do not want this to happen as I want the particpant to run only for project area A. Is there a way we can do this?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 26 '13, 2:36 p.m.

sure.. just enable the participant in Project A's configuration, not in the parent. assuming this section is not marked 'Final'.

then the client will have the particpant enabled (Project A) and the parent will not (Project B), and thus none of the other clients will have it either..

prior to the delat config mentioned below, however, doing this will break the parent child relationship, and you will have to manually copy any additional advisor/particpant changes made to the parent  down to the client configuration

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 26 '13, 1:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The short answer is, no, you cannot (yet) do this.
But we are working on technology to make this possible.   In particular, this is "delta configuration" support (see work item [JAF] [Process] Modify/Remove support for fine-grained customization of configuration data (aka delta config) (241030) ).   The idea is that a child project area will be able to customize aspects of the inherited process configuration (such as operation participants).
Meera Varma selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.